Monday, June 8, 2009

Socks!!

Hello All!
What a yucky day today has been. It's been dark and dreary here all day, with the occasional rain storm. I must admit that now I feel slightly different about it as I sit here with my window open listening to the sound of rain falling on the fresh, new leaves. I can just imagine it's making everything grow!! It's such a lovely sound.
Well, my project for today has been a sock. I've been wanting to learn how to knit socks for a while and today I thought I'd give it a try. Ok, I must admit the fact that I promised my sister's boyfriend a pair for his upcoming birthday, might play a part in this... I decided to try a basic lady's sock first in an attempt to learn the ropes before I set out trying to design my own that will fit his liking (which just happens to be a chunky sock that comes close to the knee). The pattern book I'm using is Patons Next Steps Four -Socks and Slippers. The yarn I'm using is Patons Shetland Chunky in Thunder Marl. I just started it this evening due to the fact I wasn't feeling the best today, and have only got a little over an inch done, but I think it looks nice. I can't wait to watch it take shape!!
It's off to bed for me as I have a very long day in the city tomorrow!!
Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment