Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A Knitting Accomplishment!!

Hello All,

I'm back from a spur of the moment trip this past weekend. My Mom and I went to Birch Run to do some shopping at the Prime Outlets. We had a very successful trip! Mom got some nice furniture and accessories for the house and I got myself and my sister Coach bags. It was a lot of fun. Very quick though, and we both agree that we need to go back again soon.

On the drive there I worked on the white baby sweater, and then since I had a bit of troubles with it and didn't know how long to knit the arms, I started a Confection Shrug for my cousin's little girl (the flower girl from the wedding). I'm using Bernat Cottontots in Country Red, although I would say the colour is closer to a deep hot pink. I haven't finished either yet, but hope to get them done some time this week. I just need to sit down and get to it.


I know this isn't helping me get those two projects done, but on Monday Mom and I had to run into the city, so I went to my lys and picked up some sock yarn. I was struggling with the socks I was trying to make for my sister's boyfriend, so I thought I should start out with a baby sock, just to learn the ropes, and then move on to his pair. I bought four balls of Patons Kroy Socks. The one I used for the baby sock (I've only got one done so far, but hey, it's a start!) is called Lavender Jacquard. It is such a beautiful colour and it works up with a neat little pattern. I'm going to have to buy another ball to make some socks for me with! This was such an exciting feat for me to knit the sock and have it turn out so cute! I've been on a high from it since I finished on Tuesday. I can't wait to start the second one, I just hope they both match!

We have a busy week again. It is already the middle of the week and I feel as though it's just begun! Things have been getting done around here though, the entrance way is painted, I've got my baking done, and even an appointment finished. Tomorrow holds a concert, Friday is another appointment with the interior decorator and a medical appointment, and then this weekend's plans are still up in the air. Everything will fall into place I'm sure, as long as I get some time to knit!

Happy Knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment