Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Couple of Quick Gift Ideas

Good Morning,

Today I wanted to share a couple of things I found the other day that I thought were great ideas for quick and easy Christmas gifts.  They are from the blog Spud Says!  The first one is the Outsider Mittens, which is a free pattern, made from Spud and Chloe Outer.  They look fantastic!  They're a quick knit, done on US 13 needles, so you could make a lot of them in a short amount of time.  My favourite is the one with the bobble cuffs!

Susan B Anderson also showed a picture of two finger puppets that are made from Spud and Chloe Fine back on Friday on the blog as well, that are just too cute!  They are from the new Interweave Knits Holiday Gift Issue '09, which comes out this Friday.  I'm so excited about this pattern.  It is completely adorable, and the perfect thing to make for any little girl.  I have two little girls on my list who I know would love these!  I can hardly wait till I can get my hands on a copy of the magazine.

These are perfect for me since I'm in need of some quick-to-knit projects for those on my Christmas gift list.  I hope that they'll be useful for you as well!  Everyone needs a few quick projects either because we're strapped for time, or have someone unexpected sneak onto our gift list.  Both of these fit the bill, especially the mittens, since they can be for anyone from a child to an adult, and can be gender-neutral. 

I've got to get to work on finalizing my Christmas gift list today.  I keep putting it off because I can't seem to find just the right things for everyone, but I need to get cracking at it, so that I can start the projects soon! 

Have a great day!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment