Thursday, October 8, 2009

A Fall Makeover

Good Afternoon,

I've done some changes to the blog this morning, how do you all like it?  I've been wanting a change for the season, but I could never find just the right thing...till now.  My Mother was the photographer on this one.  She takes such amazing pictures!!  I told her about my plight, and next thing I knew, she had this all set up on the table and was shooting away.  I'm so blessed to have her in my life, she always knows what would be just the right thing. 

Fall has been coming for quite a while in our area, but she's not in her full glory yet.  The trees are turning, but a lot are still green.  One thing we do every Fall when the leaves are at their peak is drive around and take pictures of them.  I'm hoping to share some of those images with you in the coming weeks.  There is something so completely breath-taking about seeing a forest full of turning trees.  It's like one night while we are sleeping the Lord comes and paints the trees, and when we awake, all we see is a splendor of colour.  It has to be my faviourite thing about Fall.

Another thing I love about this time of year is how it makes me want to knit even more than usual.  I start dreaming up lushes sweaters, wooly scarves, fuzzy mittens....the list goes on and on.  I get so excited about all the new yarns, and the gorgeous Autumn colours.  I love thinking of new things to knit to keep those I love warm and toasty as the air gets chilly.  It stirs something up inside me that makes me so glad I'm a knitter.  I love having the ability to bless those around me with something that I have created with my own hands.  It brings me such a deep joy. 

I hope that you all feel this way as well, and why don't we try to share the joy with others and teach someone how to knit.  I'm sure that you have someone in your life who would love to learn.  It may be your sister/roommate who needs a way to relax after work/school, or a neighbour that needs a way to make gifts for her family this year since funds are a bit low, or even a child in your life who seems fascinated by the idea of using string and sticks to make something wearable...we should be teaching children how to do this so that they can carry on the craft.  It's sad to see so many young kids who don't know how to do handiwork.  Knitting can teach you so much (patience, determination, giving, etc), and I think the younger generation would benefit from it.  And there is nothing like seeing the look on a new knitter's face when they have finished a project...it truly does good for the soul. 

Have a happy day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment