Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Finished Projects - Without Pictures

Hello All,

How was everyone's weekend?? The weather here is getting much cooler, and it's been rainy and windy these past few days, not the most uplifting. However, the sun has been trying to peek through today, so hopefully it will clear up and we'll have some sunshine soon. Our leaves are almost all gone except for a few that are hanging on. I did get out to take some pictures the other day, and I will share them with you soon. I've been trying since yesterday to upload pictures on the blog so I could show you the finished Fetching gloves, the red charity mittens which are done, and the leaves, but for some reason they won't upload. I'll keep trying and will hopefully be able to share them with you all soon.

Like I said, I finished the charity mittens on Sunday like planned. I just have to block them and find them a new home with some precious child! Now that they are done, I'm on the lookout for a new project for my charity knitting Sundays. I'm thinking maybe socks for Children in Common? Or maybe a hat to go with the mittens? I'm still not sure, but I'm going to take some time out this week to look through Knitting for Peace for some ideas.

I am now working on a surprise project (well a surprise for my family anyway) for Christmas gifts. Last week when I was listening to the Knit Picks' podcast (the one about impractical knits), Marcie was talking about how she loves knitting patterns from the mochimochi land site. She mentioned that she had knitted Grass, and as soon as I heard that I knew I had to too! The patterns from the website are adorable, and there are some that are free while the others are not very expensive, most around $5. Grass is one of the free patterns, and so far I'm finding it to be a fun, easy, and quick knit. I'm making two right now. I've got one completely knit and the other I'm working on the reverse side, so I should be able to start felting them tomorrow. I can't wait to see them come together! I'll try to get some pictures for you soon, once I figure out this uploading problem.

Well that's about all I've got for today, I hope you all are having a great start to the week!!

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment