Monday, October 5, 2009

Look at the SOCK!!

Hello Knitters,

I'm back from vacation, and just trying to ease myself in to the swing of things again.  We had a great time, with lots of fun!  It was so nice to be able to spend some quality time with my sister.   

Good news!!  All that sitting in the car made me focus on the socks, and I got a good portion of the first one done.  I think I need to pick up another ball though because they are a bit longer than the pattern.  Apparently my sister's boyfriend likes his socks to be on the long side.  I took a few pictures of it along the way.  Here I am trying it on to check the length:


 
I turned the heel on the way home, and am now knitting the foot part.  With the new added length, I have a feeling these will take a little longer than I anticipated.  But I'm going to try my best to keep working on them, so this means the thrummed mittens are going to have to wait a bit longer. 

Yesterday was quite busy so I never got a chance to work on my charity mittens.  I'm so sorry that I have nothing to update you with.  I'm hoping to get more time this Sunday.  We had another trip planned for this coming weekend to go to a women's Christian retreat, but due to other circumstances, we had to cancel.  So I should have some extra, unplanned time.  This week is also a little less hectic (at least so far), so I'm hoping to get more posting done, and do a little work on the blog in general.  Things seem to pop up out of the woodwork when I have something blog related planned!!  So we'll see how it goes.

Well, that's all for now folks, I've got to be off to finish up the rest of my to-do list for today! 

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment