Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Is It December Already?

Hello Knitters,

Well it's December 1st today, who can believe it? I'm finally beginning to get into the Christmas spirit, which is great. I've really been praying that I would get in the Christmas mood, and last night I think the Lord answered my prayers, because we got an unexpected dumping of snow! It must have snowed 3-4 inches in about 1-1 1/2 hours! It looks very Christmasy and pretty out there now. While out on our walk today, Mom and I saw one of our neighbours had built a snowman on their front lawn, and I'm not talking about a little thing, he was full-sized! I was so wishing I had my camera! The whole walk was just beauitful! Like a winter wonderland. The lake looked amazing because it was so calm and reflected the trees in it. I'm going to try to take my camera with me from now on because we always seem to see lots of beautiful things.

I started making gifts today. I cut my thumb pretty good on Sunday so I haven't been knitting at all. That's why today's gift project I'm working on is a snowman tea cozy for my Mom. I've got most of the fabric pieces cut out, and now I'm going to begin sewing right after the post. It's going quite well so far and I can't wait to see it when it's finished.

Tonight I think Mom and I are going to watch some Christmas movies, so I'm going to give some knitting a try and see how it goes. I'm thinking I can hold the needle across my palm so that I don't have to use my thumb, but I haven't tried that yet, so I'm not sure how well it will work.

So I have an apology to make. I was very pressed for time on Saturday and was still finishing up the leg warmers in the morning. Everything around home was quite hectic, and I didn't get to take a final picture before we left for the baby shower. They turned out super cute though. I'm sure they're something I will be making again for the next baby shower gift I need, so I'll definately take a picture then!

Well, have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment