Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Just Keep Knitting, Just Keep Knitting...

Good Morning Everyone!

I'm sitting here typing with a very tired puppy napping on my lap. She went to the groomers yesterday and is now wore out! I was trying to do some work on my socks, but she gets upset when the yarn hits her in the head...which always seems to happen. So I thought I'd write you all a little update while she's sleeping.

I got another repeat of the heart cable pattern done yesterday on the socks, which means I now only have one more repeat and then I can work and turn the heel and begin on the foot part. I'm very excited about that! I can hardly wait to turn the heel! :-) It always seems like you're getting somewhere after that.

Tonight is the men's snowboard halfpipe competition, so I thought while watching that I'm going to begin my Marley hat - since it is in the hat-halfpipe event - I thought it was fitting.

Yesterday I made 8 loaves of white bread, since we were out. This was my first time making it without the help of my Mom, since she had to take Emmie to the groomer. I started out nice and early, and got as far as where I had 10 cups of flour mixed in and was just letting it rest before I kneaded it. While waiting, I thought I should say a quick prayer that it turned out good, and while doing so, I remembered that I forgot to add the oil. It was almost like the Lord was like, 'You forgot something'! So I ended up having to throw away the entire batch and start again! I ran out of regular flour, but I did have some bread flour on hand and used that for the last little bit of the kneading. But I had another problem on my hands. I had put the dough from the first batch into a garbage bag, and because of the yeast in it, the bag kept growing and growing, and I would punch it down and it would grow again...it was just not good! Finally I moved the bag from the kitchen to the garage and haven't looked at it since...hopefully it doesn't blow up or something! That would be quite a mess!! The second batch turned out good though, so all is well.

Tonight my Mom is going to a bridal expo with my sister and her fiance, so I'm in charge of making dinner for Dad. I haven't come up with any ideas yet, but lets hope and pray I have better luck with it!!

I'm off to work on the socks for a bit. Have a great day everyone!!

Happy Knitting!!!

P.S. This week - February 15-21 is Random Acts of Kindness Week. What a perfect time to show people how much you care. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment