Wednesday, February 10, 2010

One Down, One to Go


Hello Knitters,

As you can see, I finished the sock!! Yay!! It turned out much better than I thought, and yes, it does actually fit. I think it will soften up a bit more after its washed and blocked, making it fit even better. I've already started on the second one, even though I don't really look forward to all the cables...I find they take me so much longer to do. However, I did learn how to cable forward without a cable needle. Cabling backwards is a bit too hard for me without the needle still...I drop the stitches, and then that takes up more time going back to pick them up. I'm hoping that the second one will go quicker because I now am familiar with the pattern....we will see.

As I said the other day, I was planning on going to pick up my yarn for the Ravelympics today, but this morning my little Yorkie is sick, so I have to postpone the trip till tomorrow. We're not sure if she got into something, or if it's from stress. She was scheduled to get her teeth cleaned tomorrow, but that will now have to be rescheduled as well. I have no problem with staying home today though. It's a beautiful sunny day outside, and I have a lot of cleaning I need to do around here, and the sooner the better. I want to get everything done and in order before the Ravelympics start so that I can have more undivided knitting time!

Well, that's all for today, I need to get to that cleaning! I'll leave you with a photo of Emmie practicing doing the conga line for the wedding reception :-)

Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment