Tuesday, March 2, 2010

One Little Elefante...





Hello Knitters,

I wanted to share my elefante with you today. He was the last project I had to complete for the Ravelympics. Isn't he cute?? I will admit that the colour combination didn't turn out quite as I had planned, and I didn't like it at first, but now I'm beginning to think differently about him. He's growing on me :-) I think he is in need of a friend or two though...he looks a little lonely don't you think? I do not have time right now to make him a partner, but I hope to do so in the future.



Things are starting to get busy around here now. Our Pancake House is opening on the 8th, so I'm in the beginning stages of prep for baking. I'm thinking of adding a few things this year, so I have some product development to do this week. Right now my Mom is making maple candy...it smells great! While she is doing that, I'm working on some knitting for my Easter swap partner. I joined an Easter swap in the Itty Bitty Knits group on Ravelry, and now I'm hard at work on my project! It's turning out great so far, and I might be able to give you all a sneak peek in a couple of days... Easter is my favourite holiday, so I'm very excited about it.

It's beginning to feel like spring here now. Yesterday Mom and I went for a walk up the road, and it was just gorgeous. I think the months of March and April are my favourite. I love seeing everything begin to change in nature, it's just such a beautiful time! I love watching the snow melt, the grass start to peek through and green up, and the ice on the lake break away and the ships come through again...and most favourite of all is hearing the "spring peepers" start up! When I hear them, I know spring is definitely here. God has done such an amazing and detailed work in nature, and I love admiring it and taking it all in! It really does proclaim His glory!




The last thing I want to share with you today is my little sewing/knitting/crafting area I've been working on in my room. It's not quite done yet, but this is how it looks so far.


I hope everyone is having a wonderful day, and I should be getting back to my Easter project.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment