Monday, April 19, 2010

Emmie's Birthday Party



Hello Knitters,

I hope you don't mind me sharing some photos of my Yorkie, Emmie's birthday party. Like I said in my last post, I was planning on having her party on Sunday when everyone would be home. Well, things didn't go quite according to plan. My sister had to work on Sunday afternoon, so we had Emmie's party on Saturday night. Mom and I made vegetarian pizza on flat breads, and we had banana cake with peanut butter frosting for dessert. As you can see in the picture above, we did wear our party hats!




Dad even tried to get Emmie to wear one, but she wasn't too impressed with that idea.




She has a lot of food allergies, so we have to make her food from scratch, and because of this, I'm very, very careful about what she's allowed to eat. I did give in though and let her have a little bit of cake, it was her birthday after all. She ate it so fast that this was all I could catch of it with the camera.



This is our lab, Cassie finishing off her piece of cake. Bananas and peanut butter are two of her favourite things. She has to share my banana I have each morning with me. As you can tell, she quite enjoyed it.



Sorry I didn't get any pictures of the rest of us! My memory card for my camera was full so I couldn't take any more. I'm going to get them done up next time I'm in the city.

On another note, I've begun working on my swap partner's hat! It's coming together really cute so far. I can't wait to start the little socks, the pattern looks so cute!

Well, I should get back to my knitting. Since it's such a lovely day here, I think I'll do some knitting outside on the deck. I hope you all are having a wonderful beginning to your week!

Take care and happy knitting!

3 comments:

  1. I'd say your dad looks very much like a proud grandpa! Emmy looks delightful with her birthday hat on. Mine won't co-operate to even get to that stage. It's beautiful here today too. I did get some knitting done on the deck yesterday while Chaeli was over visiting. Most of the time was spent playing with her though. I just enough TL's kids so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh he is! I can't even imagine how he is going to be when Sayja and I have kids! He loves Emmie so much. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only who's getting some deck knitting time in! I know what you mean about TL's kids, they are so cute and so much fun! I can't wait till I can come up for a visit this summer and stay with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmie is adorable! My family calls me Emi too! HAHA!

    ReplyDelete