Monday, May 31, 2010

A Pattern, a Prom, a New House and a New Project

Hello Knitters,

Happy Memorial Day to all you Americans out there! I hope everyone is having a lovely weekend full of fun with family and friends and lots great weather! Today it's a bit rainy looking and much cooler than it has been for quite a while, but that's alright with me, we desperately need the rain here. The wind just picked up and I can smell rain in the air, so I'm pretty sure it will rain soon.

I do have a little something for you my dear blog readers. If you look on my sidebar under "My Free Knitting Patterns" you should see a spot where it says "Fairytale Knee Socks Pattern" that is the pattern I wrote up over the weekend for the knee socks I made a while back. It's a super easy toe-up pattern and you don't have to make them knee socks if you don't want either, you can end the sock at whatever height you'd like. I hope you all enjoy that pattern, I know I had fun knitting them! If you find any errors in the pattern please contact me and let me know since I wrote it up a while after I actually knit the socks. I used Knit Picks Imagination yarn which you can substitute with any sock yarn you would like to use, however, I thought I should mention that there are five new colours of Imagination that came out last week, so there's a very nice selection of colours. Click here for the Ravelry page for the Fairytale Knee Socks!

I do have a few things to catch everyone up on. I wanted to blog for the last so many days but all sorts of things have kept me busy so I didn't have time. First off, during the middle of the week my Aunt asked me if I would like to make a corsage with silk flowers for my cousin's girlfriend. Their prom was on Saturday. I said yes and then got to work. Her dress was white and black so that was the theme. Here's the final outcome:





On the weekend we moved some of my sister's things into her new house. She is going to be moving in very soon once the appliances arrive and everything is ready. She said I could come and stay with her sometimes since she'll be the only one living there until after the wedding when her fiance (well he'll be her husband then) will move in. I think that would be a lot of fun. She's usually super busy with work and then by the time she drives the hour it takes her to get home, she ends up going right to bed, so we don't get to spend much time together. When she lives up there, she will be able to come home from work earlier so if I stayed up there sometimes, we'd get to hang out more. I'm actually looking forward to it. We haven't really hung out together much for the last eight years. She was away at school for 5 years and then when she came back home, she started working and has been busy ever since. It'd be really nice to be able to spend time with her these last few months before she's gets married and starts her new life. Her house has some very lovely flowerbeds and even a garden plot, which I'm very excited about. She also said they will have high-speed and even wireless, so I can blog much quicker! How cool will that be?!? We only have dial-up here, so it takes me forever to upload pictures and download things and just use the Internet in general.

For news on the knitting front, after finishing up some special knitting, I cast on for a new summer bag. The pattern is the Guernsey Style Bag from the Spring/Summer 2010 Debbie Bliss Magazine. The yarn I'm using is Debbie Bliss Eco Aran in red. I'm enjoying the pattern and yarn so far. I thought it was a perfect summer project.

I'm also still working on the rainbow socks for my Mom. I'm almost done the first sock, and then I need to start the second one. I really like how the stripes worked up, they're so pretty!
I haven't done anymore dyeing lately, but I do have some blue yarn I hope to share with you all soon. I just have to throw it into the wash to make sure all the dye is out.

Well, so much for my prediction of rain, the sun is back out and looks like it's going to be another nice day! I guess all that wind blew the storm clouds right away. I think I better stick to my knitting and not weather predicting! I hope you all have a great day!

Happy knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment