Saturday, July 3, 2010

The "Tour" Begins!!



Hello Knitters,

Happy early Fourth of July to all you American knitters out there!! I hope everyone is having a terrific holiday weekend. This evening we had a "little" 4th of July celebration. Nothing too much, it mainly consisted of dinner and the trifle in the picture above, but it was still nice. I enjoy making holiday themed desserts so I was quite happy to do this. I really wanted to make cupcakes, but with the wedding coming up, I tried to make something lighter. Both Sayja and Jake seemed to enjoy it, so that's good.

Today was the start of the Tour de France, which means also the start of the Tour de Fleece! Now I'm not a spinner, but over on the Itty Bitty Knits board, Suzanne suggested that we get together a Team Itty Bitty Knitty Tour de Fleece and join in on the fun. We are knitting, not spinning and most of us have committed to knitting for 30 minutes a day. Some of us are starting new projects while others are finishing up WIPs or working on Christmas gifts. I've been super excited about joining since I had so much fun with these ladies during the Ravelympics. My projects I'm committing to work on are projects for my Teddy Bear Picnic Swap partner. I had to order the yarn for these though (which I did today) so in the mean time, I'm working on finishing up my Wrap-Me-Up Puppy and the pair of lacy anklets.

I don't think I mentioned yet that I joined the newest Itty bitty Knits Group Swap. This one is for a total of 3 months and the theme is A Teddy Bear Picnic. How this one works is: month 1 - we send a kit to our partner for them to make, month 2 - we send something we have made and month 3 - we send the last thing we made as well as a special goodie for them. Our packages have to include a teddy bear, a picnic blanket and some knitted food. How fun does that sound?!? I've been a huge stuffed animal fan all my life, so this is going to be so much fun! Like I said above, I ordered some of the yarn today. I got the supplies needed for the kit as well as the yarn for one of the bigger elements that I will be making, and of course, teddy bear supplies.

Ordering the yarn and making all the big decisions took up a good portion of my day (not that I minded! lol) so I didn't get a whole lot done in the way of knitting. Before I wrote this post I got another paw done for the puppy though. It's coming along nicely. Tomorrow my sister and I are going home for the day, so while there I'm going to pick up a few more supplies I need to complete it. I'm still trying to stick to my goal of getting the little one (I still can't tell if it's going to be a girl or a boy) done by the end of the weekend. Wish me luck!!

I'm off to make the second paw, have a great weekend everyone!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I will have to join you guys in the tour de fleece on the itty bitty forum. Sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! So glad you are going to join us :-)

    ReplyDelete