Friday, July 30, 2010

Trip Report


Hello Knitters,

Thank you everyone, for all your wonderful travel knitting suggestions! I can't wait to try some of them out :-) The project I chose for my travel knitting is the Clapotis. I started out knitting the Spring Beret and I got that finished just before we got to the yarn store, which worked out perfectly. I picked out some lovely Manos del Uruguay Silk Blend in a pretty pinky salmon colour, and I bought some needles and stitch markers and was all set. I cast on in the car while we continued on. It's a little bit tricky for working on while others are talking to me but I'm getting the hang of it. I find that the more I do the repeat sections the more I start to memorize them. Here's a progress shot I took:

I also got a couple of balls of yarn at Michaels, but I'll tell you about those later. This is just a short post since it's getting late and we have the dress fitting in the morning. By the way, I guess I should have started with this, but I did end up coming on the trip (which is now quite obvious) and my Dad is coming home to stay with the animals. We will be heading back home tomorrow afternoon, so I probably won't be blogging again until Monday. So have a wonderful rest of the weekend everyone!!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment