Wednesday, July 28, 2010

What Do You Knit in the Restaurant?

Good Morning Knitters,

How is everyone's week going? Mine is going well. I've had a few change in plans since the beginning of the week. First off, I thought I would be going with my sister and Mom to Traverse City to a fitting for my sister's wedding dress this weekend, but last night I found out my Dad isn't coming home this weekend, so I have to go home to look after the animals while they are gone. I was going to take Emerson with us anyways, so that just leaves Cassie and the cat at home, and we could possibly get someone to come and let Cass out and feed her since we'd only be gone one night, but that all seems to still be up in the air, so honestly, I really have no idea what's going to end up happening. I also found out that they ran out of Maple Caramel Popcorn at the Pancake House so I have to go home tonight and make some tomorrow. I wasn't planning on going home again till next week, so this has caught me a little off, but that's ok. I just have to figure out what I need to pack up and take home with me. That being said, I don't know if I will get a chance to post or not while I'm at home. I will try to make every effort to do so.

I don't have any knitting news right this moment, but I did sew a bag yesterday that I thought I'd share. I used a kit my Mom bought for me at Joanns on Monday. It's called the Brooke Bag. It didn't call for interfacing, but I had some on hand, so I added it to the handles and to the fronts of the bag for added sturdiness. I really like the colours and the size is good as well. It's not overly big, but just right for running errands.



Oh, back to the knitting for a second, if I do end up going, do any of you have suggestions on what to take for an easy car/waiting while she gets fitted for the dress/in the restaurant kind of knitting project? It would have to be something easy enough that I don't have to keep track of rows or complicated patterns. I'd love to hear all your ideas! I never really know what to take in situations like this. I do a lot of car knitting, but not much knitting in restaurants or such, so I'm not really sure what are good projects. I'm always curious about what everyone else works on!

Well, Mom just called to say she's on the way so I should get going, I need to start packing things up. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Happy Knitting!!

5 comments:

  1. If you've got any projects coming up that have I-cord embellishments, you could get that out of the way. That's as about as mindless as it gets knittingwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's a good idea! I actually don't have any projects that require i-cord going at the moment, but that would give me a good excuse to start one! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful bag ....... gorgeous colours and patterns. I love it. How about working on a simple scarf for a Christmas gift? One done in ribbing is simple and "manly" too. ...... I'm always looking for manly gifts to knit. Have fun no matter what you choose to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i always bring hats when i need mindless knitting. just your basic knit hat or i love the robin's egg blue hat as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, sounds like your plans got thrown all sorts of out of whack! It's good to hear that you bounce back so easily though! If you're looking for something quick and easy to start, a pinwheel blanket's a pretty mindless and easy choice. after the cast on and the k1 fb into every stitch it's just mindless knitting on the even rows and mindless knitting to the markers, yo, repeat on the odd rows! They're my current addiction and I have one for every occasion ^_^;

    ReplyDelete