Monday, August 2, 2010

Beach Vacation

Hello Knitters,

I hope all you Canadians are enjoying this long weekend :-) I'm back from our Traverse City trip. We got back Saturday evening in time for Mom and I to go to Community Night. There really wasn't a lot of people out for it, but it was still nice to go. On Sunday we went to the city for the Finnish church service that was going on and then we did a little shopping afterwards. We ran into my cousin and her husband at Sears as well as another cousin and his girlfriend, which was really nice since I haven't seen either of them in a while. Today I haven't done much other than bake a peach pie and look through recipes. I'm trying to decide on which ones to use for the wedding cupcakes for my sister's wedding.

I'm home this week for a "vacation." It's nice to be here by the water. After being in the city for a while, I feel like I'm at a real cottage. I'd like to do some relaxing at the beach and maybe even go for a swim or two. I'm not a huge fan of swimming in the lake, but the water has been really warm, so I think I'll have to get in at least once. I don't know how often I will get to blog since the Internet is so slow here, but I'll try to keep you all updated as much as I can. That being said, who knows if I'll do anything interesting enough that's worth posting! lol

I did get to work on my clapotis some more and am now on Section 3. I really like working with the yarn, so it's a fun knit. I can't wait to start dropping the stitches!

Well, I guess that's all for today's post. Tomorrow Mom and I have to run into the city, so I should get more knitting done and have something worth posting next time! Have a great rest of the long weekend!!

Happy Knitting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment