Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My First Package Arrived!!


Hello Knitters,

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday???? A wonderful package from my Itty Bitty Teddy Bear Picnic Swap partner!! I took close-up pictures of everything, but for some reason they only upload sideways, so I will try to upload again tomorrow and see if it works. However, I was too excited about my package to wait! I wanted to share it with you all right away :-)

First, there was a lovely note from my dear swap partner, who is keeping herself a secret :-) For my kit, she included some beautiful Workhorse Maritime Wool from Cricket Cove in Creamy so I can dye it myself!! (I've been going over colour combinations in my head all day, I can hardly wait to dye it) And two boxes of food colour - one Primary and one Neon, as well as some black embroidery floss - all for making the Sock Yarn Teddy Bear from Itty Bitty Toys. (This is something I've been wanting to make for a long time, so I'm glad I get the chance to!)

For the goodies she included: a package of adorable Eco Friendly pencils, 5 pretty flower and bead stitch markers, a cute little polka dotted bag I can use for storing my project in and the most beautiful crochet flower pin cushion she made just for me for my sewing!!

I'm so blessed to have such an amazing swap partner!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!! I LOVE everything and can't wait to get started on my little bear!!

Just to let you all know, I didn't get back to my sister's house yet, I'm still here at home. This morning my Mom was very sick and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance. She is doing better now and is back home, but we still don't know what really happened to her. We're waiting for her test results to come back and she has to go in for some more testing probably this week. Hopefully we will find out soon what's going on. In the meantime, we are praying for her and I'm doing my best to be all the help I can to her. I feel so very blessed to have such a wonderful aunt who came and took me to the hospital, stayed with us there and drove us back home again!! The ambulance attendants, the hospital staff and doctor were also wonderfully caring!! I thank the Lord for everyone who helped us out today!! Thank you all!!

Well, I'm going to head to bed soon, it's been a long day. I hope you all are doing well, and thank you again swap partner for making me such a fun package!!

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. I will be keeping a good thought for your mother, so sorry she is ill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great package! I can't wait to receive mine, still waiting...

    Hope she gets well soon.

    ReplyDelete