Friday, November 5, 2010

A Few Hats

 Hello Knitters,

Here are a couple of the baby hats I made this past week.  As I've said before, there are a lot of babies being born in the next few months, so I've been working on some shower gifts.  These two are from Susan B Anderson's book Itty-Bitty Hats.  The yellow one is the Upside-Down Daisy, and the pink one is the Football Hat, only made in girly colours.  I got the idea for this one from the amazing Suzanne when I was watching an episode of her video podcast :-)  I'm very happy with how they both turned out and I think they look nice displayed on my new hat stands. 


This is the Red Apple Hat from the Spud and Chloe blog and it's also designed by Susan B Anderson.  The decrease sequences on this one are different than her other patterns, so it was fun to try out and learn a new technique.  


And this hat is the Spring Beret by Natalie Larson that I knit up during one of the wedding dress fitting trips back in the summer.  It was super quick and fun to make.  I have yet to find a recipient for it as it doesn't look good on me due to it's yellow-tone.  The front view isn't the most flattering on the hat stand but the side and back views look much better.




I think the back view is my favourite by far!  I did the more slouchy version since I like my hats with a little more body to them.  This might have to go on the gift-giving list for this year's Christmas presents, I'm sure I can find someone who would look fabulous in it! 

Well, have a great weekend everyone!  Make sure to take some time for yourself to relax and do a little crafting :-)

Happy Knitting!!

P.S. You can check out my Ravelry project page for some more close-up pictures, yarn, and specifics on these hats in a few days, I should have them all added by then if you're interested.

4 comments:

  1. Glad I could inspire you! :) Cool hats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Suzanne, and you're always such an inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love your hats! did you make tat hat stand? i really need a better way to showcase my little hats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emxlenie,
    Thanks!! Yes I did make the hat stands, I wrote a post on how to make one if you're interested - http://fairytaleknits.blogspot.com/2010/11/how-to-make-hat-stand.html

    ReplyDelete