Monday, May 30, 2011

"C Wants a Party" Swap Package

Hello All!

I'm back home again now and I'm trying to adjust to the cooler weather here and get back into my daily routine.  I had such a lovely time on vacation - it was great to be able to spend time with some of my family that I don't get to see very often and I had lots of fun soaking up the sun and warm weather!!  It was wonderful to get away for a bit, but it's also nice to be back!

I had a lovely surprise waiting for me when I arrived home.  My Itty-Bitty "C Wants a Party" swap package was here!!  I made myself wait until Sunday morning to open it so that I could get good pictures, but it was so worth the wait!!!!  My swap partner was the amazing Becca (borkles) and she totally spoiled me :D  This is a list of what she sent to me:
A cupcake hat and pincushion that are knit out of the softest yarn and are so beautiful!  I'm saving the hat for my own baby one day.  The pincushion has pins already in it to look like sprinkles and is going to sit right beside my sewing machine.
Cupcake-shaped soap from Pink Dotted Owl that smell delicious and is now in my bathroom.
Some Bay Rum soap by Sandy’s Handmade Soaps & Things that also smells so good and is going to be put in the shower since I think it would be the most delightful smell to wake up to.
Two soak washes in Aquae and Flora plus 4 tags to attach to my knitted gifts that tells how to care for the items - which is so cool because I’ve been wanting to try Soak for a long time and the tags are beyond cute!
Some adorable cupcake stitch markers that I'm going to have to put to use really soon :)
The book “60 Quick Baby Knits” that I’ve been wanting ever since it came out!  There are SO MANY great patterns in it that I don't even know where to start.......although the Fisherman's Pullover just might be the first one, it is so adorable.
A skein of Sunshine Yarns Luxury Sock yarn in a gorgeous green colour called Matcha.  I was originally planning on making socks with it, but I might knit the Lettuce Slide Scarf instead since the colour would be perfect and the cashmere in the yarn would feel fantastic around my neck!!
And a skein of Dream in Color Smooshy Sock yarn in a beautiful pink colour called Petal Shower.  This colour reminds me so much of cupcake frosting!!  I may have to wind it up and start a pair of socks right away!

Here are some pictures:

The whole package.
Close-up of the cupcake stitch markers.

The Soak washes and label tags.

The cupcake shaped soap (aren't they adorable?!?!) and the bay rum soap.
Thank you SO VERY MUCH Becca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You did such an amazing job of filling this package with things are are so "me"!!  It was one of the best things to return to, and I'm so blessed and just thrilled with it all!!

Much Love xx

P.S. You can check out some more pictures of the package on my project page.

1 comment:

  1. That yarn looks so divine! What a find and score those cute, cupcake stitch markers are. I can feel your smile all the way to here.

    ReplyDelete