Monday, June 20, 2011

Shawlette KAL Supplies List

Hello!

I'm back with the supplies and information list for the KAL.  One thing I wanted to mention is that I want this pattern to be something that you can customize to make it "perfectly you," so that is why this is a very flexible list of supplies that you will need for your shawlette.  One of the things I enjoy the most about knitting is having the ability to make something that suits my tastes and personal style so I want to encourage you to take these suggestions as sort of guidelines to choosing what you like best!  

Yarn: Wisdom Yarns Poems (100% Wool; 50g/1.75oz; 100m/109yds per ball), 2 balls in your selected colourway (I'm using #589)  - This yarn is worsted weight and has long colour repeats similar to Noro, but you can substitute any type of yarn you would like.  I think this would look great in a solid colour as well.

Needles: US 11 (8mm) 40" circulars - or any size/length that works for you.  *Note: I'm a tight knitter, so I went up to the US 11 to make sure that I would get a nice drape to the fabric.  (The yarn I'm using calls for a US 8 (5mm) needle to get a guage of 18 sts x 23 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch.)  Choose any size of needle that will give you the fabric you want for your shawlette.  I suggest doing a little test swatch with a few different sizes of needles to see which you like best.  I also chose to use a 40" length because I didn't want my stitches all bunched up on the cable and I wanted to be able to see how the shape is progressing as I knit.  Feel free to use whatever length of cable you are comfortable working with.

Guage: There is none!!  This shawlette is completely for you to customize!!  You can knit it to be as tight and cozy, or as loose and drapey as you like. 

Tools: stitch markers, yarn needle, scissors, and tape measure     

I think that's about it!  I hope I haven't forgotten anything.  I will start posting the pattern on Monday June 27th, and I'm looking forward to knitting along with you!!

Much Love, xx

P.S. In my original post I said I was using Plymouth Poems yarn when indeed it is actually Wisdom Yarns Poems!!  So sorry for the mix-up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment