Saturday, August 20, 2011

Blessings From TL

Happy Saturday!!

Way back on Monday I mentioned that my cousin TL gave me something totally awesome, remember?  Well here it is!  She put together the best gift ever chock-a-block full of YARN!!  It's all so amazing, especially this:


It's Wollmeise!!  I can honestly say that I never thought I would own any of this!  I've heard to much about it and have seen how fast it sells out and just thought I'd never have any of my own.  So I'm incredibly excited about this, and look!  It's in my favourite colour PINK!  And the name is Tutu, what could be better for a former ballet girl?  It's just so pretty and wonderful that I just want to stare at it :) 


There is even more loveliness!!  This is a skein of Dye Pot Happy Hooves in the colour Copper Plum, it's a blend of 80% cotton and 20% wool and is a bit darker and redder than the colour is showing.  It's a gorgeous colour for fall and I'm torn between making a pair of socks, a shawl or a cowl.  Any suggestions are welcome!!


Next is a ball of Opal Cotton!  I have seen this in the yarn stores before but have never bought any for myself so I'm super excited to knit a pair of socks out of it.  The colour is just so fun and very summery :)


This is Crystal Palace Maizy and it is a wool-free yarn, made from 82% Corn Fiber and 18% Elastic Nylon.  The colour is called Miami Nice and it's so pretty!!  I'm so excited to try it out because I've never knit with corn fiber before.  The yarn is super soft and will make awesome socks!!  As you can probably tell, TL and I share a mutual enjoyment of sock knitting.  Really, I don't think there could be a more perfect and versatile project :)


She didn't stop at yarn though, she added some stitch markers too, which is great because I can never seem to have too many!  These ones are a pretty dark red and they sparkle so nicely.  They're like jewellery for your knitting!


Then there are these super cute ones that have sewing machines on them (how awesome is that?!) and gorgeous glass ones with flowers on them.  The pictures don't do them justice because my macro setting was not working properly when I was taking them.  But just trust me, they are so beautiful!

Wow, wow, WOW!  I have been so blessed!!  Thank you so much TL for being so kind and generous, you are so awesome!!  Words cannot even express how thankful and happy I am :) 

Have a fantastic weekend everyone and take some time to do something you enjoy.  I'm going to indulge in some sock knitting!!

Much Love, xx

2 comments:

  1. That's a lot of crafty goodness there! Enjoy all that sock knitting. :). I think a shawl or cowl out of the Copper Plum would be lovely, and it looks like it would be pretty against your skin and compliment your complexion nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh!!! What a grand cousin. She really knows how to gift a knitter. Can I adopt her as my cousin also?

    ReplyDelete