Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Owl, a Hamster and Some Tiny Men

Hello,

I hope you are all having a lovely week and getting the chance to enjoy these late summer days!!  Today's installment will be showcasing some toys.  First up is Owl Baby.  I had been gifted this pattern by the wonderful Deb (lovetocraft on Ravelry) back in May, and I'm embarrassed to say that it took me so long to finish because it's not a hard pattern at all!  I actually got it done in a couple of days but  put off doing the eyes.....again, do you see a trend here??  I finally ended up getting my Mom to do them :)  She always does such an awesome job with things like this, and as you can see, they turned out pretty cute!  The pattern is by Susan B. Anderson and you can download it here from Ravelry.


Next we have two little Human Beans.  I was feeling bogged down with my projects at the time because they were all things that were taking me a while to finish, so I just need to have some instant gratification knits.  These fit the bill perfectly, as did this little one:


It's a teeny tiny hamster!  I was never allowed to have a pet hamster as a kid so this was my way of filling that void from my childhood.  (Don't worry, my parents really weren't that mean, I'm actually allergic to them).  He's cute though eh?  Plus, there's no cleaning a cage, or feeding him and he doesn't take up much room at all.

I do have one more toy that I've recently finished, but I don't have a picture of her yet, so I will share her a little later. 

Much Love, xx

3 comments:

  1. Cute owl; nice bright yarn.
    Those little ones are tiny and look cute to play with! Talk about instant gratification!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! :) I've not yet knit my baby owl... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies :) It's nice to have something quick to work on when you're bogged down with a big project.

    ReplyDelete