Saturday, December 10, 2011

Star Advent Bunting

Happy Saturday!!

I finally got the Star Advent Bunting done this past week!  It's all hung up and I'm enjoying putting up the numbers for each day!!  Who would have thought that such a small thing as that could bring me such excitement?? 


I didn't do the lovely little felt and fabric numbers like Lucy did for hers because it was getting too late for me to make them, so what I did instead was cut out bigger and smaller circles from construction paper and then wrote the number on a small one and glued it onto the middle of a big one.  I punched a hole in the top of each and hung them with coloured paperclips like Lucy did, and I think all in all, they turned out very cute.  Maybe for next year I will make the felt ones, since I'm sure they will last a lot longer and be prettier. 


To hang them, up I chained a nice looooonnnngggg chain and strung each star through the two side points.  I attached two hooks to the wall, and tied the ends of the chains into loops and attached those to the hooks.  The hooks are the kind that you can easily remove, so that will be great once the holidays are over. 

I have to admit that every so often I come into my room to admire it!!  The combination of the colours, the cute little star shapes, and seeing them all strung up together just makes me so happy!!  I think that's one of the best things about handmade items.

xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment