Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Cupcake Mittens

Hello,

First off I want to thank all of you for your kind comments on the blanket and mittens yesterday.  I did take some time out from working on the blanket to finish the thumb and weave in all the ends on the mittens, and after a nice steam blocking, here they are:



I used Knit Picks Palette yarn (if you'd like info on the specific colours you can check out my Ravelry project page.) just like the pattern calls for.  I'm a fan of Palette because it's a good price and comes in a huge range of colours, 120 different shades, last time I checked.  This was my first "real" colourwork project and I was amazed at how easy it was once I got going.  It was fun to make each little cupcake in all the different flavours.  These seemed to knit up fast because I was always wanting to see which kind came next.  I've already got a Knit Picks order on the way with more yarn to make other pairs of SpillyJane mittens.  These will definitely not be the last of her patterns you'll see from me.  Now what should be next, maybe some Snowbunnies, Strawberries, or Swedish Fish?  Or maybe Polska or Wintertime for Adriana??  The possibilities are endless.....

xoxo

P.S. I have to say a HUGE thank you to my sister for encouraging me to knit these in the first place.  If it wasn't for her, I would have been too intimidated to even begin.

8 comments:

  1. I love cupcakes! You did such an excellent job on these. How fun they'll be to wear! I bet you'll get some fun comments on them.
    I like the Strawberries or Swedish Fish patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies, I'm so excited to wear these out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let you know I nominated you on my blog as a winner of a blog award. :) Come check it out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cute! colourwork mittens are addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness!!!! They are just adorable!!! :) You did an amazing job on them. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are tooooooo cute! I've been eyeing Spilly Jane patterns for a bit now.......and I have to vote for snow bunny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, these mittens are DELICIOUS!!!! Your knitting is amazing. You do beautiful work. What fun.

    ReplyDelete