Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Socks and a Hat

Hello there,

So I've been on a bit of a finishing kick these last couple of days.  Over in the Itty-Bitty Group on Ravelry there's a thread for working though your WIPs and I thought that since I was beginning to feel a bit of stress regarding my current pile of WIPs, and they were kinda getting up there in number, I might as well join in.  It's always nice to have some extra support and encouragement as well as motivation.  I got three things finished yesterday, one was the February socks I shared yesterday.  Here are the other two:


Started: January 22, 2012
Finished: February 27, 2012
Pattern: Ribbed Socks for Bigger Feet by Susan B. Anderson
Yarn: Online Supersocke 100 Sportive Color #1165 - This yarn was a Christmas gift from from my cousin TL. Thanks so much TL, this yarn was awesome to knit with!!
Needles: 2.75mm Clover Bamboo DPNs

These were my on-the-go socks.  I started them when I went to a Anniversary dinner and they have traveled around with me in the car.  This yarn was great to knit with, I enjoyed watching the colourx change all the time, and the rib pattern was a nice break from the plain vanilla socks I had been knitting lately.  Although I have to admit that my fingers are itching to cast on a new plain vanilla sock....there's just something about them.  I still have some things to finish up first though before that can happen.


Started: November 2009
Finished: February 27, 2012
Pattern: 04 Cabled Beret by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Cascade Eco Alpaca #1517
Needles: US 5 & US 8

As you can see I started this one a long time ago.  It was knit flat and I got tired of all the purling.  I picked it back up last year and finished the knitting part, but it just needed the seam sewed up.  I dislike sewing seams, so I bribed my Mom into doing it for me last night.  It turned out quite cute, and I'm very happy to have it done.

Now I am on to working on the Granny Stripes Blanket.  It's coming along really well and I'm enjoying it immensely.  I'm so excited with the prospect of having it finished soon so I can snuggle under all those colourful stripes each night.  Makes me happy just thinking about it!

xoxo

6 comments:

  1. I'm knitting a pair of socks with the Fortissima Socka Colori that you gave me (for my birthday I think??). I'm using the vanilla sock pattern. I have to say that I like knitting with it! It'll be nice to have a pair of socks that I don't have to handwash (all of my socks that I have now have to be handwashed).

    Purplebeary83

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm glad you like it :) Yes, I agree, superwash is wonderful!!

      Delete
  2. I love how you bribed your mum to sew for you. I want to learn how to sew w/the machine, but am not a total fan of handsewing.
    Your projects are so awesome. The socks remind me of a pumpkin patch in the fall. Love your cabled hat. I <3 hats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bribe her a lot ;) I like sewing with the machine, but not really by hand. It's something I want to learn to like though, so maybe in the near future I'll give it a try.
      Thank you! I could totally see the pumpkin patch thing, they are such cheery and fun socks! I like hats a lot too, but I don't seem to wear them that much - I'm going to have to change that!

      Delete
  3. Great projects and congratulations on getting a few WIPs off the needles. It feels good, doesn't it? :)

    I really can't wait to see your Granny Stripe blanket. As I said yesterday, I live vicariously through your blankets, they're so colorful and wonderfully done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, yes it sure does feel good! I'm trying to get a few more off my needles before I start anything else (except for the socks for the month of March).
      It's coming along, the edge is quite big! I like to be surrounded by colours, so I think this one is going to be great on my bed :) I'm going to live vicariously though your shawls for sure!!

      Delete