Thursday, January 31, 2013

Slug-Along

Hello,

Fresh Stitches is having a Slug-Along right now on her blog and Ravelry Group, and I couldn't help myself so I sorta joined in.  I already had the pattern and honestly, what could be cuter than a slug-along?  I didn't crochet along with the group like I had originally planned, but I crocheted my slug on my own.  I still had fun, and I think she turned out pretty cute!

Meet Millicent the Slug:


I used some Knit Picks Simply Cotton I had in my stash, which I think works really nicely in crochet and it made for a nice soft toy.  I haven't washed this yarn in the washing machine or dried it though, so I'm not sure how good it is for toys, but since she's just for me I don't think it matters that much.  It says it is machine washable and dry-able on the label, so I think it should be fine, but I might do a test before I do any more just to make sure.  The pattern is, as usually, extremely well written, straightforward and fun.  I cannot recommend Stacey's patterns enough, they're fabulous!  I own a ton of them and hopefully will get around to crocheting some more up soon.  There's nothing like making a little toy to cheer you up!

Have a wonderful day, and if you'd like to make your very own little slug friend, you can still join in on all the fun until February 13th.  You can find out all the details here.

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh, he is so cute! All your knitting/crochet is fabulous!!! You are really productive lately! Kudos! :-) Nicky momoffour

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only way a slug could look cute!

    ReplyDelete