Saturday, April 20, 2013

I'll Be Reading

Happy Saturday!

Well both this week and last I happened to overdo it a bit with my knitting and crocheting and today I found out that I cannot do either without pain in my arms and elbows.  This is a letdown because now I actually have more time to work on my projects.  But, I'm refusing to be sad about it, and instead I've decided to just take a break for at least the next two days, or until it doesn't hurt anymore.  I had the same thing happen at Christmas this past year, and because I didn't take a break when I knew I should, but instead just kept going despite the pain, I wasn't able to knit or crochet for at least a month without it hurting.  I learned my lesson and I would much rather miss a few days then to miss a whole month!  In the meantime, I think I will read and just relax - that sounds like a good way to be kind to myself now doesn't it?  I'm currently reading Anne of Windy Poplars and I'm enjoying it so much.  There's just something about both the Anne of Green Gables series and all Jane Austen's books that feels like "home" to me.  They're like old familiar friends.  Do you have any books that make you feel the same way?
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend and that the weather in your part of the world is springlike and cheery.  Here it is well below normal in temperature and has been lightly snowing off and on, but I hear it might warm up next week and we're supposed to get some rain.  Hopefully that will help melt the snow and make things start greening up.  In the meantime, I'm doing my best to remain patient and enjoy even the small changes I see each day.

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you have tendonitis like pain. Boo on that! Good decision to take it easy.

    ReplyDelete