Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rather Blue

Hello,

These last few days I have felt very tired.  Like I want to climb back into bed and not get up again until next week.  I don't know if it's the treatments I've been doing, or from going to bed late for the last while, or what it is exactly.  Maybe a combination of the two.  I've cut my to-do list down to 5 things I have to do today and 5 things I would like to do if I can, but yet, looking at my list of just 5 things tires me out.  Tomorrow I have some appointments in the city and with the way I'm feeling right now I just want to cry when I think about it.  I read Lucy's blog post this morning, and I can totally relate to how she feels.  There are so many things I want to share with you all, so many things I want to talk about, so many things I want to do, but yet I don't have the energy at the moment to do any of it.  I don't want to complain, but I do want to share how I'm really feeling.  I feel like when I'm quiet for a while and don't post, people may be wondering what is going on, and one thing I like about my blog is that I can be honest here.  So please do forgive me for my pity party.  I promise to try and be more cheerful again soon!

With the way everything has been going this last while I totally forgot my blogiversary.  It was June 3rd.  When the day rolled around, I kept thinking to myself that it was a special date for some reason but I couldn't put my finger on it.  I was wondering if it was someone's birthday or something all day.  I just finally clued in yesterday.  I usually do a giveaway, and I want to do one again this year, but I'm going to aim for probably sometime in the first week of July.  That way I have time to get my mind around it and put something together.    

Well, I think I will have a little rest before I finish doing some tidying up.  I promise to do my best to be in a better mood when I post next.

xoxo


6 comments:

  1. I hope you feel a bit better! Look after yourself and take all the rest you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you a hug first off.
    I'm sorry you're feeling out of sorts. That is no fun at all. You have to do what makes you happy, not what makes others happy. You have to take care of yourself. If you're feeling that self-conscious about being absent from the blog, then drop one sentence and leave it at that until you feel better.
    Until then...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I needed the reminder of doing what makes me happy, and not what makes others happy. Sometimes I forget that. I've heard before that if you don't take care of you first, then you aren't able to take care of others. It's so very true. I do like your idea about just small posts, and I may do that in the coming weeks :)

      Delete
  3. Wow it's good to know that I'm not the only one overwhelmed with life at the moment, and I've no idea why. I'm over run with anxiety, and peace seems to be allusive. I'm going to try to take each day step by step as they unfold. No expectations that I can't meet,I'll try and look back at the end of each day and just be thankful for what was. My hemoglobin is terribly low at present, so I'm thinking that's playing a good part in my lack of energy. You're not alone, in more ways than one. What ever you accomplish today, it's a day that the Lord has made, that makes it worth rejoicing in. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Penny, I'm so sorry you are feeling this way! I am praying for peace for you now. Take good care of yourself and do your best to relax as much as you can. Good idea to take it one step at a time, that's the best way to do things. And leaning on Jesus is the only place that I've been able to find the strength I need to keep going. I needed the reminder that today (and each day) is the day the Lord has made, and I should rejoice in it! Thank you for that!!

      Delete