Monday, September 16, 2013

List #11. Things My Family Taught Me

I’m doing the 30 Days of Lists Challenge this month and I thought I'd share one of my favourite lists from last week today.

#11. Things My Family Taught Me
o To respect my elders
o How to bake – My Mom taught me and has always been my biggest supporter
o About Jesus
o To do it afraid
o To have integrity
o To be kind to everyone
o To reach out to those who are hurting and those who are less fortunate than I am
o To try and see things from the other person’s point of view – this one my Dad taught me
o To love and not hate
o To listen more than I speak, and to never think or act like I know more about a subject in a conversation with anyone even if I do – another one from my Dad.  He told me that you can always learn something from a conversation, even if you are more knowledgeable about the subject than the other person, as long as you keep quiet and just listen.  It really is true and does work!
o To put my best effort into everything I do

My family has taught me way more things than just these, but these were the ones that I listed.  I am so grateful that God chose to put me into this family, they are so wonderful and are my biggest encouragers and supporters.  I truly am Blessed.

Happy Monday!
xoxox, R 

No comments:

Post a Comment